Pages

Wednesday 15 October 2014

Ice cream with Anaita Shroff

Ice cream with

Anaita  Shroff  Adajania

Since having a conversation over coffee is too mainstream, I caught hold of Anaita while she was enjoying an ice cream. You hardly tend to find people who commute oh so perfectly with Bollywood and the Fashion industry . The fashion director for Vogue India has styled for all my favourite actors , not just worked with them but gave them a complete image makeover , ( Ash in Dhoom , Deepika in cocktail)

10 th October 2014  


Me : You have worked with all my Favourite people in the industry but who is your personal favourite ?

Anaita:  I only work with people I love, and who inspire me. So  I’ll have to say all the people I dress.


Me : Not many people switch perfectly from working in both industries ( ie mainstream bollywood and the fashion world) , but does your heart reside in one ?

Aniata : My heart and creativity lies with fashion . I m more myself , in the fashion industry whereas in a film , the director keeps on giving in insights and the actor’s opinions also count.


Me: Women like Grace coddington are still working at the age of 71, do you think you ll be working a few decades later?

Aniata : Well it’s easy for me not to work(smiles). I could be with my family at a beach , painting , cooking or just shopping . I like keeping busy and I love what I do , so as per now no plans for retirement.


Me: So lastly what are some tips you’d like to give all the aspiring stylist out there?

Aniata : Firstly , love and live Fashion , read loads of fashion magazines and trend reports. Second , assist a stylist ,there is no better way rather than to assist someone who is great at what they do. Building a portfolio is also a must and lastly build relations , its always good to stay connect and know the people that you ‘ ll probably work with in the future.


And alas , her ice cream finished and it was time for me to head back from the Dream world that Aniata stays in and back to reality . But I did leave with my head filled with notions of where I want to end up.



No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com